Posted by jinson on 4:48 AM 9 comments

This week I have a weird idea for an entry. I am thinking of finding words that starts with the letter T. I did not know why I want it but anyway enjoy what i share today...My Thirteen T words with meaning.

1. Truffle - edible subterranean fungus of the genus Tuber
2. Tabby - a cat with a gray or tawny coat mottled with black
3. Tachylyte - Black, glassy, basaltic rock.
4. Takahe - Almost-extinct, New Zealand, brightly colored, flightless bird: large bill.
5. Tympany - Inflated manner, bombast, Low-pitched resonance obtained by percussion.
6. Twit - To taunt, A reproach, An idiot
7. Tenebrous - Dark and gloomy.
8. Telpher - Light, electrically powered transportation car suspended from cables.
9. Teleran - Air-traffic control system. Ground based radar screen is televised to pilots.
10. Tegua - Ankle-high moccasin worn by Mexican and Indians.
11. Taxon - One of the taxonomic sub-divisions, such as phylum, order, family, genus, or species.
12. Tatting - Handmade lace.
13. Tabes - Wasting away (tabescent).

I found this words at geocities.com
Categories:

9 messages:

Hootin' Anni said...

I'm not sure, but I think I've been in contact with several #6s [kidding!]

My Thursday 13 [scroll below my Thursday Thunks] post is now published. It's a fun quiz for you with a PRIZE I made to grab-- if you win!! If you have time....would appreciate your visit. Have a great day.

Lori said...

Your Thursday Thirteen on the letter "T" was tops! :-)

Brenda ND said...

You've picked interesting t's. My favorite is tabby because it makes me think of my cat. Happy TT!

Calico Crazy said...

Interesting list, my silver and orange tabbies are happy to have made the list. My calico, on the other hand, is wondering if this was fair, choosing a letter that leaves her out.

Calico Contemplations

J. Lynne said...

Oh, you don't know the truffles I've seen! :P

Happy TT!

Nicholas said...

Interesting! I only knew 5 of those.

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Holy smoke! I actually knew some of these! I've always seen tympany spelled with an i on the end, though -- when referring to percussion instruments. I bet both are correct.

The Bumbles said...

How about....Terrific!

Americanising Desi said...

very new T words.. never heard them before :)

13 signs he's not into you