Posted by jinson on 7:59 AM
Written by my friend Dong Wood

While flipping through the channels on my Direct tv, I came across my favorite animated movie of all time, "The Lion King." This movie was my favorite as a child and it has only gotten better as I have grown older. The story, which is set in the plains of Africa, focuses on Simba, a young lion who must come of age after the death of his father, Mufasa. Simba's Uncle Scar along with his hyena minions, one who is voiced by Whoopi Goldberg, convinces young Simba that Mufasa's death was his fault. Simba leaves the lions to find his own way and meets his new friends, Pumbaa and Timon. Simba tries to spend his life living up to the motto, Hakuna Matata, which means no worries. However, eventually Simba's childhood friend, Nala, appears and convinces Simba to come back and live up to his responsibilities. Simba must battle his Uncle Scar in order to take his place as king.

"The Lion King" has so many wonderful attributes. The musical score, which had major contributions by Elton John, is phenomenal. The song "Can You Feel the Love Tonight?" is destined to be a classic. The animation is fantastic and combined with the talented voices of the characters results in a movie that I am happy to watch over and over again.
Categories: